Saturday, December 2, 2006

What about me?

I was once a 9/11 denier, and I am no longer, thanks to all the lovely people are the James Randi Educational Foundation.

The first thing that caught my eye regarding the 9/11 Conspiracies was the Pentagon Strike. I saw that in 2004. I didn't really follow on much more from that until I saw Loose Change 911 2nd Edition+Extras in February 2006. This DVD, at the time, opened my eyes and I convinced myself that the Government carried out 9/11. Between February and November I was a firm believer of the conspiracy. Posting on many a-forum with what I thought was evidence of an inside job and what not.

Then I found the James Randi Educational Foundation. Over on the Loose Change message boards, this place is deemed as full of trolls, a stupid place, and is used as an insult to people: "Go back to JREF". Pretty much as soon as I saw that they had completely debunked all the 9/11 conspiracy claims, I begun worry regarding the Conspiracy Theory, and after reading many, threads, documents and websites, I reached the conclusion that I was being an idiot.

So here I am now, freshly BANNED from the Loose Change forums (Didn't take them long after I had turned to the 'DARK side', less than 2 weeks) and using this Blog to debunk existing theories regarding the conspiracy. I know there are plenty of 9/11 blogs debunking the CTers, but hey, the more the merrier!

Hope y'all enjoy what I have to say, and I'm very open to arguments from CTers, so please contact me. I don't HATE you all, because I was one of you, I, just like many of you need to do, reviewed over the for and against material and reached my conclusion.

I don't know everything about 9/11, I might just try to cover the main points. I don't believe that not knowing everything is the basis for a conspiracy, because thats following that path of Creationists, who build the theory of Creationism on poking holes in evolution.

5 comments:

The Doc said...

Great minds think alike ;)

Great blog dude, keep it up.

Pat said...

You were really searching for the truth, unlike those who started out "knowing" it.

oliver said...

Great Blog, JAStewart. :">

I came to JREF exactly the same way.
Keep up the great work,

Oliver

bonavada said...

welcome to the "dark side"
keep up the good work

BV

Enigma said...

I never really believed the CTs. I did and still do believe there was foreknowledge but nothing that was clear enough to act on. I was immediately turned off by the infighting and accusations I saw. Then when I asked an uncomfortable question, I was accused of being COINTELPRO...that was it. It also helped that I read the 9/11 truth group on myspace and saw people there claiming movies were based on and revealing 9/11 CTs and I also read the LC forum. The lack of science and the immaturity of both boards stood out like a beacon in the night. I guess Perry Logan was right in a sense. 9/11 CTs are a bunch of guys with IQs in the mid eighties. From what I have seen, I say it is lower.